Thursday, January 9, 2020

Stephen Pettit - About

*Enters the Blog* Oh hello there, my name is Stephen Pettit. I am in my fourth year, and my concentration is HVAC in Architectural Engineering. I have worked with BIM for two MEP firms for my two co-ops. I've worked with CAD, and some Revit. In my two co-ops, I've worked with the mechanical systems in residential, commercial, university, and pharmaceutical buildings. I expect to further extend my knowledge in Revit, and to learn more about the future in the engineering industry with buildings.

The most interesting evernote that I found in my brief research is that 43% of an average man's job could be automated in 10 years. Another interesting fact is that Amazon already has about 100,000 robots in its warehouses.

My definition of an Intelligent building is that an intelligent building is one that utilizes technology to enhance a more efficient building with regards to the systems, the management, and the structure.

No comments: