Thursday, January 9, 2020

Intro

Background:

As a junior in Architectural Engineering, I have some experience with BIM through studio classes, where Revit was involved. I have some experience with database analysis from informatic courses required for the digital building concentration. 

Expectations: 

I hope this class will allow me to learn about where the future of construction and buildings is headed. I think it's a good class to learn about new technologies and ideas that are surfacing in order to keep up with the building world and be able to make useful contributions. 

Evernote: 

A note I found interesting was called "In 5 years, buying local will beat buying online". This article predicted 5 things that will change in the next five years thanks to new technologies being invented. The predictions were as follow:
1. The classroom will learn you
2. Buying local will beat online
3. Doctors will use your DNA to keep you well
4. A digital guardian will protect you online
5. The city will help you live there

Intelligent Building Definition;

For me, an intelligent building is one that collects and uses data in order to optimize it's construction and interaction with its surroundings, making it efficient and self-sustainable. 

No comments: