Thursday, January 9, 2020

About Me: Brian Mynaugh

Hello Everyone,

Starting my foray into this intelligent building class we as a class are tasked in creating blogs throughout the term. This one is introductory of what I as a student bring to the class.

About myself, my name is Brian Mynaugh; I'm currently a senior doing a double major as both civil and an Architectural degree with the Architectural portion focussing on Digital Building. I'm primarily an AutoCAD user gaining a thorough proficiency in it while my use in Revit is only at an Introductory level.

What I am seeking from this course is to further my experience with Revit and gain passible knowledge to have relevant speaking points on the aspects of intelligent buildings.

For my first research with the last name of Mynaugh, I had to review blogs with relevancy to  Sociology, Sensors, and BIM itself. Out of the three, the one that intrigued me the most is that of sociology. The article I read about was that of how technology is changing our expectations of what can be accomplished as a human. In other words how we are setting unreasonable goals as we compare them to the efficiency of a computer. this effectively reduces people down to what they can achieve much like the efficiency of a robot. This train of thought was brought about by seeing the working conditions of Amazon employees and the standards they face.


What is an intelligent building? In my eyes, it is one that uses technology to control aspects of the building using autonomous means.

No comments: