Thursday, January 9, 2020

Mika Awai

Background:
My name is Mika Awai. Im a 4th year Architectural Engineering major with a concentration in HVAC. I have worked with two MEP firms, gaining experience with BIM and other useful programs used in the industry. I specifically have done work on office buildings, hospitals, and pharmaceutical laboratories. Each of the projects ranged in size and varied from a small remodel to a brand new building.

Expectations:
My expectations for the course are to learn more about the way all systems interact with each other while incorporating smart features in a building. I also expect to learn more about the technology used in the industry, such as Revit and Databases.

Evernote:
The evernote article I found most interesting was "Why (most) Future Robots Won’t Look Like Robots", which discusses why they won't take on a human form and will be invisibly embedded everywhere in common objects.

Intelligent Building Definition:
An intelligent building is one with smart features that are used to improve the building quality and/or economic impact the building has.

No comments: